Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Job Search

I have now gone full bore with my job search. I am applying 2 places everyday. I feel strong about it. I am finding things that could be good matches for me. I am in serious risk of losing my living situation and winding up on the street again being this underemployed and underpaid.  I have asked many great people for some moral support and I feel strong. If anyone I know wants to help me with mock interviewing, I probably need to do this.

A lot of what I'm focusing on is the creative.  I have applied at a few retail stores, but I also have redone my resume to emphasize my creative skills.  I found two more today in the KC area that would be great that I am applying for.

My most recent revival of my job search came when I found a position at a company called Palantir.
They are located in the S.F. bay area and make some pretty innovative database sifting software. It was an artist position they were looking for. Aspects of the culture of the company is based on Tolkien.  Storybooks. Palantir is no storybook. We are talking about the true power of information. The truth that knowledge - of all kinds - is power. What I'm discussing is why Buckminster Fuller' stone says "call me Trimtab."  Here are some of his other quotes discussing this. I believe humanity is at the verge of a new industrial revolution that we can't begin to understand yet. We must not lose sight of what is important. We must quit arguing over what is important. You are.
“If humanity does not opt for integrity we are through completely. It is absolutely touch and go. Each one of us could make the difference.” 

And this one

“Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren't any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn't be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life's challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person. ” 

No comments:

Post a Comment